Saturday, July 18, 2009

Moink Ball Success!!!

I came across the Moink phenomenon only a week ago and made my very first batch today. I accidentally bought mini meatballs, so the bacon dominated, but they went very quickly and everyone was asking for more.

For a sauce, I read on the Survival Gourmet that he put a Blueberry Chipotle Sauce on his, so I did some googleing and made this version of it. Everyone loved it, but I feel like there must be a better recipe. Anyone?

Just rubbed a 5 lb brisket that will go on early tomorrow. Another great weekend at the Church of Que.


See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from Virginia Barbecue

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    We glaze our MOINK balls with a good Pepper Jelly... Heine-Hurtin' Hot Sauce.

    Also, we got smarter, and started putting the balls on long metal skewers. Worked out great! No more tiny, burned toothpics to worry about.

    I wrote about them on HotSauceDaily.com:
    http://bit.ly/ZjHoc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian,

    I used the skewer idea over the weekend and it made handling the moink much easier. I also finished them on the grill after smoking them for an hour and it really added a nice touch to the MOINK.

    ReplyDelete